Now its time to join them back together. I've put a thin smear of polyurethane glue on one side of the joint at favouring the bottom side and a thin spread of wood filler on the other edge favouring the top side. A large clamp was put across the length as i tightened up the bolts from underneath.
As you can see, once all those little jobs were done getting to the finish line was quick. I ran bead of Soudal Fix All under the tiles for the worktop to stick to and create a nice seal. I've never seen nor heard of this stuff until I found a tube of it in my loft. I must have bought it for something else and forgot about It. Worked perfectly though.
I've given the whole worktop 3 coats in total, now all thats left is to put the kitchen back together and clean!
Sink and worktops are all sealed in and everything is now complete. Job well done I think!